Lapping Plates & Rings
Count on Stahli as your next supplier for lapping plates, segments, gears, and rings for your next project! Our products satisfy all makes and models of lapping and polishing machines in the market for your convenience. Some of the different types of Lapping Machines we supply for includes:
- Peter Wolters
- P. R. Hoffman
- Custom / Homemade
Save money, feel confident and satisfied overall choosing Stahli USA as your #1 consumable supplier!
Stahli has been the worldwide leading supplier and machine manufacturer for over 50 years and we take pride in the products we can offer you.
Which Lapping Plate best suites you?
Plain Lapping Plates
- Flexibility of running small workpieces
- Availability to apply an interchangeable pad on the face of the working plate thus achieving different desired finishes
- The addition of a pad specifically can ultimately give you a matte or mirror finish along with the desired surface roughness and flatness you are trying to achieve
- Easy transitions of projects allowing more workpieces to machined
Radial Lapping Plates
- Allows the removal of a material and lapping agent to be ejected from the lapping surface, therefore, increases the cut-rate and minimizes contamination
Cross Hatched Lapping Plates
- More interrupted faces create a higher cutting rate thus increases swarf removal
Spiral/Concentric Grooved Polishing Plates
- Primarily for polishing workpieces for the purpose of needing to hold a surface finish and flatness
- Allows lapping agents to be carried away from cutting surface accordingly to help keep the lapping plate surface flat.
Difference in Materials
- Cast Iron/ Copper Combo – High Removal rates with impeccable finishing as a result
- Cast Iron – High removal rates
- Copper- Superior Finishes
- Steel – High Removal Rates
- Tin – Superior Finishes
- Aluminum – Precision Finishes
- Other- Custom to your needs
We have done extensive research and developmental projects to undoubtedly offer you the highest quality products for your lapping and polishing applications. In summary, our Lapping and polishing consumables are generously priced, with fast turnaround times, and are made in the United States. Your single source for all of your lapping and polishing applications!
Tell us what you want and we will make it for you.